- Kiss technique
- Patterns to notice
- To come out
- To figure out
- To lash out
- To stay out
- To walk out (the door)
- To run out
- To get out
- To find out
- To throw out
- To pack up
- To get up
- To open up
PATTERNS TO NOTICE
TO COME OUT – to go somewhere with someone for a social event
TO FIGURE OUT – to understand or solve something
TO LASH OUT – to suddenly attack someone or something physically or criticize them in an angry way
TO STAY OUT – to not come home at night or to go home late
TO WALK OUT (the door) – to leave an event such as a meeting or performance because you are angry or disapprove
TO RUN OUT – to finish, use; or sell all of something so there is none left
TO GET OUT – to leave a closed vehicle, building etc.
TO FIND OUT – to obtain knowledge of something
TO THROW OUT – to get rid of something by treating it as garbage
TO PACK UP – to get her one’s belonging together
TO GET UP 1) to rise after sleeping 2) to become strong and agitated
TO OPEN UP – to start to talk more about yourself and your feelings
EXAMPLES FROM SUITS
– Wait, we can’t say where the money came from?
– No, we can’t, because he was playing backroom poker,
– and if that comes out, Harvard fires him.
– Are you kidding me?
– I want you to bury the hatchet with Jack.
– You mean you want me to kiss his ass.
– I mean I want you to figure out a way
– to make peace with a partner whose influence is on the rise.
– That’s kissing his ass.
– You’re here because your fears are affecting your work,
– and now you’re trying to find a time where I failed at my job
– so that you can lash out at me.
– And I’m not gonna let you do it.
– No, I just want you to know what it feels like to be me.
– And you’re out of control because you can’t
– separate yourself from him.
– Okay, you need to stay out of it.
– And I will, but you said you made a mistake
– not trusting Mike with Gillis Industries.
– I tried again. He did it again.
– And I said, “Enough is enough.”
– Then you walk out the door. You don’t steal his clients.
– You know what? This doesn’t concern you.
– This is between me and Jack.
– Katzen was the last name on that list
– and the only name on that page, all right?
– The printer must have just run out of paper.
– This isn’t Rachel’s fault.
– What am I supposed to tell Kevin Slattery?
– God, why didn’t you just say so in the first place?
– Get out.
– What’s that supposed to mean?
– First you call me “associate” in front of opposing counsel,
– and now I find out you’re keeping things from me.
– I’m just saying, are we a team or not?
– And what happened to the ones I gave you?
– I threw them out.
– Bullshit, you didn’t throw them out.
– You ran out.
– No, I didn’t run out. I’m telling you the truth.
– You can’t fire Mike.
– You moron. You can’t even get your firing right.
– I’m fired? – Louis, come on.
– Pack up your things and go. Now.
– But I did everything you asked.
– I delivered the Carillo contracts.
– I don’t care.
– Uh, you don’t have to, your honor.
– My motion is here.
– It better gets up here fast.
– Where the hell were you?
– I don’t even think you really had panic attacks,
– let alone are going to therapy.
– Well, I am, and I opened up to you about it,
– and then you looked me in the eye,
– and you used Mike’s partnership to lure me back.